Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] New headset required!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  TheMasonator 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Maff
    Participant

DISREGARD POST!

My current PODS headset microphone plays constant static.

I splashed out on an emergency Poundland headset but;

A) They mixed up the channel wires. Wearing it/laggy banding it to my head the wrong way round is pure torture.

B) The sound quality is terrible, even with all volumes up full I can’t tell if I’m being shot at or where from. Microphone is 100% better than the PODS one though.

C) It’s from bloody Poundland!

I’m not looking for a fancy looking headset.
    A microphone that picks up my voice and speakers that I can hear.

Money is tighter than usual so if I can get a half decent quality headset for under £30.00 that’ll last longer than a month, I’ll be happy AF.

PLEASE NO LOGITECH!

The sooner I can get my hands on a headset the sooner I can get back on the server and stop being productive.

Thank you.

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by  Maff.
    Sharp
    Sharp
    Keymaster

I’ve got this one Maff – Plantronics GameCom 788 USB PC/Gaming Headset https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LNJZTTY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_amyrybNCPGYNJ

Highly recommend it bud, a few of us have them and the only gripe I have is it’s difficult to attach my track IR to it but there’s always a way around it with blutac

Viking Red
    Participant

+1 for plantronics – Had a set (not this one) back in 2007 lasted about 3-4 years before the plastic snapped, but was pretty good for the price.

Chalky
    Chalky
    Keymaster

i got the Plantronics as well very good headset. I just a Velcro cable tie for the Track IR sharp !!

Jonny
    Participant

I suggest hyper X Cloud 2 as an alternative but I haven’t tried the Plantronics one so i cant comment on how good it is

Maff
    Participant

I’m in love with the Plantronics 788 now but…

I’m impatient and have decided to go with a pair of Turtle Beach X12.
    No idea what they’re like. I Read 1 review (I stopped reading after “theys hedfons”) then saw the 5 stars and £23 price tag.

A jaunt down to Argos and I should be on the public!

£75, Jonny?
    FUCKING. TROLL.
    😀

ShuruP4D
    ShuruP4D
    Participant

$10 Sennheiser earphones and a $5 webcam mic is the way to go, bud. No complaints on my part. Sound quality is great, and while the mic isn’t the best… well, the real benefit of this set-up is being able to write posts like this. 😉

Maff
    Participant

HAHAHA!

Cheaper is better.
    I had the same £1.00 headset for 2+ years and they were superb!

I’m starting to wish I spent half the money I spent on £1.00 headsets. I’m sure a pair of them would’ve worked and not cause migraines.

Callum M
    Participant

Even though they are not the best looking they are the best headphones I’ve ever purchased. Only problem is the volume is a bit weird. If you want mine I’ll give them to you for free as long as you pay shipping. http://www.argos.co.uk/product/1577611

Maff
    Participant

Thanks for the offer. Very kind of you!

I bought a pair of Turtle Beach X12s last week. They’re bloody torture to wear but the sound quality is superb.

TheMasonator
    Participant

I had a pair of X12s, I still do, just need to repair them. Honestly, I preferred them over my gamescom 788 for sound, the mic quality isn’t as good though. You are right though, they are torture to wear, but only when you first get them. Once they have broken in they are so comfy, and so worth it.

This thread has reminded me I need to try and fix my headset

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.